A quick note on pronunciation: /ˈθɜːrəʊ/ go to the link below to hear the word
Do you need some more examples? Here they are:
- The supervisor made a very thorough evaluation of her staff.
- The police carried out a thorough investigation into the Deewitter case.
- André is very thorough when he cleans his teeth; he never has cavities.
Thorough is an adjective, but you can also turn it into an adverb: thoroughly. Here are some examples:
- Please check the premises thoroughly.
- He went through each drawer quite thoroughly.
- It was a thoroughly tiering affair.