I think perhaps that by now, you’ve gotten the hang of how to ask questions in English. The basic idea is to invert the subject and verb, or the subject and auxiliary, or modal, as needed. That’s all there is to it!
So here are some examples of all different types of questions, with affirmative statements underneath, to help you compare:
- Have you been to any concerts lately?
- I have just been to a great concert!
- When did you go to the concert?
- I went to the concert last year.
- Will you help me with this?
- I will help you with this.
- Is she going with you?
- She is going with me.
- Can Tony drive?
- Tony can drive.
Do you have any questions? Let me know! And don’t forget to check out our Facebook page for more articles, tips and tricks to help you learn or perfect your English!