Many people struggle with modal verbs because they seem scary. But they’re not so bad, really!
The rules are quite simple:
- Modal verbs are never conjugated.
- In a question, they don’t need an auxiliary.
- They always need a supporting verb in a sentence, and that verb is never conjugated.
So here are some examples with the modal can:
- My dog, Charlie, can jump very high.
- Can you help me with this?
- I can hop on one leg!
Do you have any questions? Drop me a line or join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/groupetudecommunity and ask there, we’ll get back to you ASAP!