We all compare one thing to another, and it’s important to be able to do that easily in another language. Below you will find some more examples of different comparisons.
Good = better
Bad = worse
If you want to compare two objects in a negative way, you should say: less interesting than… For example, History is less interesting than gym.
Here are some more examples:
- My son is taller than his friends.
- Wilson is more interested in math than in English.
- Canada is bigger than Australia.
- Coca Cola is less tasty than orange juice.
- Playing basketball is more fun than playing soccer. (BE CAREFUL: there is an exception here. Usually, short, one syllable words become comparatives by adding « er », however, « fun » should be paired with more. We don’t say « funner ».
Can you think of any other objects, ideas, people of places to compare?