Lockdown looms, school holidays are approaching, and I’m wondering how I’m going to fill our days so that we don’t get too crazy.
As I was thinking about this, I thought I would share with you one activity that we did during the first lockdown. It worked out really well, and we all had fun doing it.
The family painting.
Basically, we got a fairly large canvas, some paint and other decorations, and we sat down as a family to paint. It turned out to be a lot of fun. Each of us had our bit of canvas and we did whatever we wanted with it. The result is a somewhat interesting looking piece of art that stands proudly in our office/dining room.
So, here’s what we used:
- A canvas (it needs to be big enough for all members of your family to paint on)
- Some paint (lots of different colours)
- Different kinds of paint brushes
- Decorations like popsicle sticks, puff balls, googly eyes
- Something to protect your table or floor
Let me know if this activity worked for you and any other ideas you might have!
lockdown the time you must be at home because of quarantine
looms when something is coming soon, usually something unpleasant
approaching coming soon
canvas material/surface on which to paint
turned out proved to be
proudly in a way to show that you are happy with it